Virtual Career Guidance and Career Pathways Counseling for K12 sophomore year of high school, or junior year, Students.
At our platform, we offer K12 self-assessments, including the innerheroes’ self-assessment, the most used self-assessment tools in schools that we have been transformed to adapt the current mobile technology trends that is user friends to suit young people’s preferences in accessing information. These self-assessment tools assist students in identifying their transferable skills, interests, and preferences, so they can determine their goals and make clearer educational and career decisions.
- Insightful, fun, and easy to use.
- Based on personality characteristics.
- Receive a four-hero personality profile with compatible occupations.
- We all use our natural abilities and skills daily even if we have never held a job or gone to college.
- Discover your transferable skills and how they can be used in the world or work.
- Results include a Holland code and ranked matching Careers.
How Do I Learn?
- Find your dominant learning style(s) to help develop study techniques that fit those style(s).
- Learning Style results link to related Education Themes.
What Are My Values?
- This Value clarifying strategy provides you with concepts that will assist in reviewing what is important to you.
- There are topical questions that will enhance your review of values and the role they play in your life.
- A reality check of how labor market requirements for a job or career compare with your desires and expectations.
- Some labor market requirements can severely impact your career options. If you expect a starting salary of $4,000 or more per month and have only a high school education, your choices will be very limited.
- Learn why an occupation is not a suggested career option and examine your expectations.
- Toggle between Spanish and English.
The earlier they bring in a coach, the more time they’ll have to turn around weak grades through extra tutoring, add extracurricular activities that will make their college application statement stand out, do practice runs for the college interview and ensure they get high scores in the standardized tests. As below, students can follow these steps to prepare
STEP ONE: Take an online self-assessment tools developed by guidance counselors. These tools have been tested to help students “figure out” what are their natural likes and dislike and reviews different careers to pick what suits them better
STEP TWO: We pair students with career couches that help students in the following areas:
- Identify their personal goals after college
- Choose a career major
- Choose a school
- Research career and Jobs outlook
- Guide them to write good essays that present their achievements and goals in a confident, but not arrogant, way.
- Coaches often prepare students using mock interviews where they ask common — and not so common — questions students may face. They also offer tips, such as keeping good eye contact, engaging in conversations with personal anecdotes and, of course, practicing good etiquette, such as showing up on time and turning cellphones off. If they go in the interview unprepared, they are likely to bomb the interview, and it could hurt them,”
About EUREKA Corporation
- Eureka is a public non-profit organization whose Board of Directors is comprised of representatives from school’s user sites. EUREKA has an experienced and dedicated staff of professionals who have years of experience in the field of career and educational information development and delivery.
- EUREKA has been ranked the #1 system of choice by Californians for many years. This ranking was given by independent surveys carried out by the California Occupational Information Coordinating Committee and by the California Community Colleges.
- EUREKA boasts a valuable database of national and international career and educational information, meaning people all over the world can benefit from our research. https://www.eureka.org/public/about_EUREKA.asp
- This company brings 30 years plus experience in career guidance, career training, and career coaching field. Founded by a college counselor, Carolyn Kalil, MS., the expert in the field career counselling, and had worked for many colleges and university before she branched off to start writing many books, some that become bestseller, that are focused on inspiring others to be their best self.
- “I realized that students who came to me for advice and guidance were asking me deeper questions like “what do I need to do to get admitted to UCLA.” I sensed the underlying real questions were, “Who am I?” “What is the purpose of my life?” “What was I born to do?” I chose to focus on internal issues of self-discovery and meaning to help my students answer these questions”. Carolyn Kalil, MS
- This motivated her to offer classes for her students at El Camino College in 1989. She integrated the True Colors Personality System to enhance her career development classes. Her classes became extremely popular and students began to improve their grades, graduation, and transfer opportunities. She knew she was on to something that could help even more students.
- Carolyn started training counselors and other educators to teach her method in career development classes. She wrote her first workbook “How to Express Your Natural Skills and Talents in a Career” and later wrote the first major True Colors book, Follow Your True Colors to the Work You Love,” which became a best-selling career book. There was a demand to also help high school students, so she wrote a workbook, “True Success,” to help them come to college better prepared to choose a major and make career decisions.
- She went on to train other professionals throughout the US and Internationally on how to utilize her programs, services, and materials. Her clients include military personnel, educators, government agencies, corporations, non-profits, and other organizations. Her book title was changed and updated to “Follow Your Inner Heroes to the Work You Love,” in 2013.
- Her online assessment was first posted online in 2001 and has been taken by over one million people. This assessment was updated in 2020to offer a 34-page report that includes your complete personality profile, not just your primary (first) Hero but your second, third, and fourth.
Each individual report is personalized to include the important values that motivate and inspire you, your unique strengths and challenges, communication style, stress inducing elements to avoid, maximizing your natural skills and talents, and your ideal work experience including being the boss.
- com offer many services and program selection from Self-discovery and Career Awareness to include Life Coaching, Family Relationships, Personal Relationships (for dating and marriage), and Leadership and Teambuilding.